Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finding time to Knit

I have actually fit in knitting fairly regularly this summer. I squeeze it in at the end of the day. I have knit on several long car rides this summer. Paddy says that this is dangerous because if we had an accident and I was holding 5 pointy metal sticks...well you get the idea. I guess that is my way of living dangerously.

I am about to finish a pair of socks made of yarn purchased in Germany. I love how they are coming out. The colors are great as you can see and I wish you could feel them! They are wonderful. I am knitting them 2 at a time, a little trick I learned from my friend Mary Jane. That way you have 2 socks done at once not that disappointing feeling of having to start all over again as soon as you finish.

Mary Jane is full of knitting ideas, info & inspiration. I am not the only one who thinks so! She is interviewed in the latest issue of Interweave Knits and has just started her own website. Check her out @ http://maryjanemucklestone.com/

Enjoy the day.

No comments: