Monday, March 10, 2008

Connections



We were away this past weekend attending the funeral of Paddy's uncle. Although it is a sad event when someone dies, it is lessened by the fact that he lived a good long life and was surrounded by loved ones.

The funeral was lovely. The party afterwards was actually quite fun. There were so many people there it was amazing! I saw people that I see often and people I see a couple of times a year and there were people that I had not seen in 17+ years.

It is an indescribable experience to spend time with people that you haven't connected with in such a long time! So many people had changed and well they look so different...a bit older and I know that I certainly look older,too. But it was more than that-making a connection that has been broken for so long.

I talked to a lot of people this weekend; sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws, nephews, and friends. I had some great conversations this weekend, I was given artwork, someone burned a CD for me, I spent an afternoon at an old friend's house when we should have been on the road home. I made some real connections, it felt good.

Sometimes it feels so good to have grown up enough to have some life experience and knowledge and to just spend some time just spending time.

2 comments:

Lisa Zahn said...

Hi Aunt Kirstie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I replied to that one in my own comments.

I haven't been by your blog in a month--the cat "Meow" entry was the last I'd seen. It's nice to catch up again!

Hope you're having a good day. Lisa

Lisa Zahn said...

P.S. I like that your blog is so real. I actually have gotten sick of the blogs that post everything all rosy and beautiful all the time so I don't check them as often. Love your tree photo and the one from Uncle Paddy with the gorgeous hat...