Friday, June 6, 2008

Try To Hold It All Up or Just Get Out From Underneath?


We all seem to lead lives of extreme busyness (business). With. Too. Much. Too. Do. Sometimes it can be overwhelming and you get so rushed and stressed that you smash your finger in the car door. Right before an actual date night. Instead of going out to eat you spend the evening in the ER and it is not interesting like on TV, just boring and painful. Not so fun.
Then a trip to Colorado to spend some time with Mom. Taking an extra few days more than planned because it's important, Mom lives far away. When there less than 24 hrs when get a fever that goes up and up for several days finally peaking at 103.6, and then after going down it stayed around 99.5 for the rest of the time there. It really put a damper on visiting.
Return home to: new employee gone bad and the fun of letting her know that she didn't make it past her probationary period. Search for new employee, frustrating. Still having effects of trip Virus at random times: light headed, dizzy, headaches, fatigue. Eldest child in distress and needing rescue (1100 miles away). Etc, etc, etc.
Then the good parts:
The employee (you know who you are) who I can depend on no matter what!
The sometimes entertaining task of finding a new employee, some people really don't want a job despite the fact that they show up an ask for an application. It can be funny what they say or ask (Will you change your store hours to fit my schedule?). Oh, and a tip for all you job hunters out there: washing is good.
Going away overnight for 22nd wedding anniversary.
Finding a new employee! Yaaayyy! (cross your fingers)
Getting invited on a women's bike trip for a week on Martha's Vineyard!
Joining http://sparkpeople.com and changing my lifestyle.
Life is busy but the good seems to outweigh the bad so I guess I'm gonna keep on going.
If I actually have any readers left please click on the comment link and let me know you are there and if I should continue writing this blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i go to marthas vineyard with you, please?

alison

Nancy said...

I still check your page almost every time I go on the computer, I am glad you are back at it. You have a way with words and the world needs to hear.....Nancy

Kristin said...

Sorry Alison, not this time...but it would be fun if you came. This trip has been happening for 20+ years and this is the first time I've been invited. Soooo...

Hey aren't you on a trip anyways?

Nancy thanks for the encouragement. I guess I'll keep going for now.

Anonymous said...

All of these "bumps" in the road makes you a stronger person..You can now say NO when needed ...and KISS people's feet when needed...

Anonymous said...

That great employee of yours should be cloned .....

Anonymous said...

Ya...I was feeling a bit left out too...maybe we should make our own bike trip in the fall...