Friday, January 16, 2009

Is That Really the Temp? And Other News

Apparently it really was -25 degrees this morning, I took this picture to prove it! That is cold even for here in Maine, thankfully it is not windy. It has now warmed up to 5 degrees, I may even take a short walk. Maybe. I have been thinking a bit about warm sandy beaches. I can dream...

Back to reality. This is the current state of my living room, and I am happy to report it is being worked on by Paddy & Cor and maybe it will even be finished one day. They have both been out of work and so this room is seeing action. They put up beams this week. They tore out the ceiling and all you see is the top of the house, no insulation just the roof. This is right next to my bedroom and so my bedroom which is normally cool is now COLD. I affectionately call it the Frigidaire. In order to reach my room you have to go thru two double layer plastic partitions. I decided to sleep in the living room last night. I was cozy and warm, ahh.
I don't know how far this will get because Paddy just told me he is going back to work on Tuesday! Yay! This is good news for our family. He did mention making sure that the room got back it's envelope of insulation, I hope that gets done today because we are off first thing tomorrow for a family gathering in CT.
Last night Leif skied for the first time this year! I do not have a photo because I was not there. I let him go with the school and figure it all out for himself. I was trying not to be a worry wart. I kept telling him everything he needed to know about keeping warm and I found his scarf & hat & sweater, and I talked to him about frostbite etc. In my panic and lecturing I forgot to tell him to make sure he skied with someone. He went up alone on his first run and ran into trouble right away and couldn't get his skis back on and he ended up hiking way down the slope to a flat spot. He then got his skis on and finished his run. I guess I didn't need to worry because he figured out what to do on his own and he was fine. Oh, and he didn't wear the scarf.

2 comments:

ADW said...

OMG Kristin!! Your livingroom!!

Glad Pats back to work, that must be a relief for your family.. hopefully the livingroom comes together quickly!

Have fun in CT!

Mom said...

Wow