Saturday, July 4, 2009

Home Alone on the 4th of July

I find myself at home, on my own today. I was supposed to go to a couple of parties but instead I am trying to recuperate from a sinus infection. I have never spent the 4th of July alone. Never.

When I was a child this was one of my favorite holidays. We would get up early and decorate our bikes with red, white, & blue crepe paper, that was all you needed to do in order to be in the parade. After the parade was over my family or another in the neighborhood would host a party. Friends, cookouts, swimming, red chicken, I loved it all. When nightfall approached we headed for the lake to view the fireworks. We always had to park far away and I remember being very small and getting a shoulder ride to the fireworks. I loved that feeling-I thought I was on top of the world!

Things have changed and I have celebrated this holiday in a variety of different ways. Today, I am getting some much needed time on my own. Not really what I had planned on or wanted but I don't mind the quiet day, not one bit!




I even have had time to FINALLY finish up these socks that I started in February. Yes, February!

I will enjoy the quiet & tomorrow, a must attend party!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

You were missed Krissie!