Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Pond


We arrived at the pond, the sun shining and the temperature warm. I went for a swim and then lay down in the sun to relax. My little summer interlude. I had my knitting, a book to read, L was busy jumping in repeatedly and after a few minutes of exploring Charlie lay down beside me on the blanket and went to sleep. Ahhh...

Well as it turned out we weren't the only ones who thought it was a perfect day to go for a swim. Soon, it turned into a dog party with children! The puppy had a blast and so did L. I got off my blanket to mind the puppy and watched him tear around the place and play. L did cannonball after cannonball, stopping only occasionally to burp (how to teach him NOT to take in water while jumping?) loudly.

What a day! It felt like summer, which was nice for a change.

No comments: