Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My Dad





My Dad would have been 78 today. This was his first birthday since he left this world last December. It was a sad and hard day for me, I miss him a lot. It is my brother Kenny's birthday also (Happy Birthday, Kenny!). I wish I lived closer to my family on a day like today. Misery loves company, right? So I decided to make some of his favorite foods to honor the day, Norwegian Hamburgers and a Cream Layer Cake with Berries. Food Therapy, not to be underestimated. It actually helped, I was glad to be in the kitchen and busy for a few hours. I had a purpose. We toasted my Dad with wine and had a great meal! I miss him but know that life goes on and that is how he would want me to feel.


Norwegian Hamburgers! Lots and lots of butter!

And Cake to top off the evening! Yum!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your food looks amazing!
Had fun w/ you guys the other night .
AW

Anonymous said...

Gosh I could dive right into that plate of burgers. minus the onions of course..

Kristin said...

L wasn't to happy about the onions either but they were not actually in the burgers so easily avoided, they had touched though and so were tainted...

Anonymous said...

OOOEEEE Belly Jam Surprise Meal!

mary jane said...

Yum! And condolences too sweetie! As usual, a wild crowd here in the comments!

Kristin said...

Thanks MJ

Anonymous said...

I finally looked! It's fun to read and see some of your photos, especially from your trip.

You always seem to have a meaningful way of dealing with whatever the universe gives you (good or bad). You are a wise woman!

Kristin said...

Thanks Luna!

Anonymous said...

Very nice job. Brought me close to tears....well, maybe a little more than close the longer I gaze at the pictures.

Rebecca said...

I miss him too :(

My mom just showed me your blog by the way...