Saturday, December 22, 2007

Readying for Christmas


Tonight we found the time to decorate the tree which has stood in our living room undecorated for a few days. It was just PJ, L and I. We put on my new favorite Christmas music, Sufjan Stevens, and we went to town, pulling out all the decorations and the nostalgia that comes with them. Christmas decorations are such a interesting reminder of time passing! Since this stuff only gets pulled out once a year, you can really mark changes by what you find. You know-little kid decorations, homemade ornaments, christmas photos with Santa and on and on. Every year something new is added, this year I found some straw ornaments which I really love! Who knows what else will be added before the season is through.


Here are some silver bells from Christmas Past, three my Grandmother gave me when I was I child. The newest is one my Mom gave me in 2000 ( I really need to invest in some polish!). These are some of my favorites!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toothpaste works and so does a paste of salt and lemon juice...home goods on hand...