Monday, December 31, 2007

Time to Knit


This is what happens when I have some inclination AND some time. I bought this Renaissance yarn at my local yarn shop, Unique One, well over a month ago. I have had no time to knit or do anything else for that matter until Saturday night. I rolled the balls up on Saturday night and looked over some of my knitting books at last landing on Setesdal Sweaters which is sort of a history book of knitting patterns and tradional sweaters of a region in Norway. Also, I used Favorite Mittens for the shape and style I was going to achieve. I didn't do all those things you are supposed to do first such as measuring and gauge, this was knitting at its most enjoyable. I just went for it and it was so FUN! I remember why I love to knit and how good it can feel to create. I got up Sunday morning and I kept knitting off and on all day and here I am. Almost done! I would finish tonight except I am off to a New Years Eve Party. So tomorrow...

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

wow kristin
that is beautiful I wish i had that talent
love nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey, when do we get to see the finished product?

mary jane said...

Nice Kristin! When are we getting together to knit?