Friday, April 4, 2008

Who's Hat is That?

I finished this beautiful hat for Uncle Paddy and put it on and ran into the bathroom to admire my handy work. I don't normally toot my own horn but I really dig this hat and I thought it looked great. I was pretty pleased with myself and so off I went to give it to Uncle paddy who was in his favorite spot amongst his tools in the basement.
"I finished your hat! It's really cool! I love how it came out! Isn't it awesome?" I say.
"Wow, that's really nice. Thanks." He says.
"I love how it looks. You try it on" He dutifully puts on the hat.
"It's really soft. It's nice, Thanks." He says.
"I just love how it came out! I just love it!" I exclaim.
I go back upstairs and he comes up a few minutes later and checks out the hat in front of the mirror. I secretly think that it looks better on me. We go into our office and I put the hat back on and I maybe make a few more statements about the wonders of this hat.
"I think you should keep the hat." He says.
"No, I made it just for you. I finally made you a hat." I say.
"I'm giving it to you. It looks better on you and you can make me another hat next year." He says.
"No I can't, I made it for you. I finally made a hat for you. I think it looks good on me though." I say.
"It's for you. It's yours. You can make one for me with just the charcoal and grey. I don't really like the colors. You keep the hat." He says.

And, so I did.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love the hat! So many times we make something for someone else and don't get to enjoy our own work!! Good for you and P. In the end you will both be happy love N.