Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mini Break

I needed a Mini Break so we took off for Portland on Friday at noon. It was a splurge for us but a much needed one. We stayed at a hotel with a pool and hot tub. It felt great to swim and then relax in the hot tub. It has a surprisingly nice atmosphere for a hotel pool.

Leif loves to swim!

We picked up Cor and all went out to dinner. It was nice to see him and we had a good dinner. Then we went off to the art museum where I took this picture that I was NOT supposed to take. As usual, I whipped out my camera, I knew enough not to take pictures of the art. I just wanted to get the feel of the place. Uncle Paddy immediately says "You can't take pictures in here". I was like well just a couple and I'm not going to steal any art so it is fine. I took 2 pictures and was immediately descended upon by the 'museum nazi's'. I can't really blame them, they were just doing their jobs and there were so many people to keep track of. the funny part is that I am normally a major rule follower. I have be called a "goodie two-shoes" & and a "goodie goodie" more than once in my life. My family has given me a hard time about it in many different instances. But, apparently something different happens when I want/need to take a photo. I just gotta do it.

No comments: