Saturday, July 7, 2007

On The Road




We finally left yesterday and arrived @ my sister's house in CT at about say 10:15PM. It was nice to see her and as always she listened to me blather on about something that was bugging me and then she gave me a tylenol PM and sent me to bed. Good sister! I actually slept well. Mom, L, & I left for Corning NY, and despite many pitstops arrived @ our destination by 5:00PM. Good visit with some relatives, including an Aunt I haven't seen in 21 years. She is now 95 and well I am not 20 anymore, needless to say we had both changed a bit!
L was really loving hanging out with the old folks until my cousin mentioned she had a pool and she lived about 3 minutes away. We headed over and he had a blast (pictures later on). I had a tasty glass of homemade wine that her boyfriend made and a nice visit with her catching up after 20+ years of not really talking to her much. It was pretty cool. I am off to bed, Mom wants to do 400 miles tomorrow and well with all the stops it could take a while.

3 comments:

Petula Darling said...

Welcome to the blogverse!!!
Congratulations on the new blog, and good luck with your trip. I'll check back to see how you're doing.

Eileen said...

Home-made wine and your not even in Kentucky! Oh yea, that's moonshine! Drive on young lady the day is young. When you get back we can go for a sail!

Anonymous said...

Mas, importanta. Mi casa es su casa yo cumpliano a usted a la verde tramplinio es cuidado. Bueno a la blogeneno. Kepeneno es upo. Adios mi amiga.