Saturday, February 2, 2008

Little Knitting and Big Love


I finished my baby sweater except for the buttons, in this picture they are just placed on top of the sweater to see how it will look when it's done. This sweater is very cute and small but I must confess that I started knitting it close to 6 years ago (yes, I said 6!). It feels good to have finished it. It will go to a different great niece than orginally planned but that's okay with me. I am going to continue with small projects for the time being, and maybe some other incomplete projects as well.

I haven't knit as much in the past week because PJ and I have been watching the first season of Big Love, an HBO series about a modern, Mormon, Polygamist family. This show requires my complete attention. The concept is quite unlike anything else that has been on the TV before, at least to my knowledge. The characters are great and have many layers, some you like and some you really hate. The situations are unlike any I have experienced and it makes you think. It is fun and I recommend it.



It has been a BUSY week for me but I did manage to squeeze in making these breakfast bars, which I read about on this blog salt and chocolate, they are quite delicious and easy to make, although a bit sweet and tough on fragile teeth. Great while I have been on the go this week. I am the only one in the house who can or will eat them, luckily for me they store well and I like them. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lisa Zahn said...

Cute sweater! You give me hope. I have one on the needles for my son, which I started 3-4 years ago. I don't think it will go to my son, but maybe I'll finish it for some little boy someday! All is not wasted...

The breakfast bars look yummy. I'll have to check out that site.

Have a good day! Lisa

Anonymous said...

The bars look good? Big Love is great and I adore the husband, I can't remember his name but he is great!

Anonymous said...

The sweater is much cuter in person, better color in real life!

mary said...

Those look so yummy. My girls would love them.