Saturday, January 26, 2008

Night Skiing, Night Tubing, & a Party


Here is the tubing hill from last night, the humans in this shot are literally a blur due to slow shutter speed. It was SO COLD, but very fun. Very cold on Thursday night when we went skiing, too. Extremely fun though, I can still ski!

I am a little tired now because we went to a party and stayed late. We had a lot of fun though. It is the perfect ime of year for a party in Maine. It is easy to stay home and not venture out into the cold and dark. It feels so good to get out and have fun.

I haven't had time to knit in a few days but I will be finishing up the baby sweater today or tomorrow and I will put that up as soon as it is done. Stay Tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome and fun! Had a blast w/ you guys last night, glad you came!!

Lisa Zahn said...

That's a cool picture. Looks like fun!

I got your comment about my group of friends. I can't take credit for this group. Most of the others thought it up and then kept "guilting" me into coming every month! I needed to be "guilted" I guess because until I realized the incredible value of these friendships, and how much I needed them, I was a very independent and, I thought, too busy person. Now I plan my life around these get-togethers, and I don't let anything interfere if I can help it. They have all become even dearer friends to me over the last couple years since I started attending the monthly gatherings regularly.

If you want to do something like this, gather your friends and talk to them about getting together once a month. Or just have them over to your house for a potluck and ask if they want to do that every month. The group can start out small--just two or three of you. Recruit others you think would enjoy it. Knit, talk, eat chocolate, whatever. It can be done! I'm so thankful my friends started this thing.

I do think calling yourselves by a name makes it even better and more enduring. Our name, W.E.T. for Women's Enrichment Time, is an interesting one and has gotten lots of comments. But it's stuck! My husband calls it Women Escaping Together and a bunch of the men talk about forming D.R.Y.--Dads Reliving their Youth (as if they need to start RE-living it!)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Eerie picture. Let's go skiing soon.