Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve At My House

Here we are eating our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of bratwurst, mashed potatoes, & broccoli. I do mean traditional, we have been eating this the night before Christmas since the kids were very small and I was desperate one Christmas Eve because I felt like I needed to prepare a special dinner and I was very busy (which is generally the case on Christmas Eve) and at that time bratwurst was considered a treat in my family and so this tradition was born. It has served me quite well through the years as it did this year. (I am not in the photo, I must find the timer on the camera). I just love this picture!

Here is Leif tearing into the one present he gets to open on Christmas Eve. A small gift dropped off by his Aunt, Uncle & cousins on there way out of town. A small gift but he loved it!


Here is our tree with presents. Not as many this year but no one seems to care and it made getting ready easier too. As I was getting ready to take this picture Pippin walked up and sat down by the tree.
Happy Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a wonderful time. I wish we all lived closer. But then think of the madhouse that would be.
Love MOM

Lisa Zahn said...

I love the cat under the tree!

Happy Christmas!

Eileen said...

I see the fine vintage of Heinz 57 and the Yellow mustard accompanying your meal....