Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

I dragged myself out the door yesterday for a 40 minute hike. I have been so resistant to going out into the cold, but I broke thru the malaise. It was great. I had such a nice hike, and not only is it one of my favorite ways to exercise it also clears my head and puts me in a calm place. Oh, and it warmed me up! I have been plagued with a chill that won't quit but this cured it for quite awhile.

So I went back out today into the snow and it was even nicer than yesterday! It is just beautiful out there in the snow and peaceful as well. I took a 60 minute hike and I feel great. I think I will keep going with this, I started to think about snow shoeing...

2 comments:

ADW said...

Rock on sister! its damn cold outside!
i want to hang w/ you and eileen, can we do lunch or something soon?

Lisa Zahn said...

Good for you! We got a puppy last week who needs to be walked each day, and that has really helped me feel better too. We do need to force ourselves sometimes, don't we?