Monday, October 27, 2008

22 Years Ago Today...


It was a Monday just like today. I was up all night and at 4:07 AM, with much effort, my oldest child was born. Twenty-two years have passed, it amazes me that it was actually that long ago. So much has happened in both our lives, it still is a challenge for me to wrap my brain around it! That is including the things I remember as well as the things I don't, the things I don't remember are an unknown quantity but I suspect it is more than I do remember. I may have lost a large portion of my brain when I started having children, at least I think that is when it happened. I actually don't remember.


I do know that when we were recently in California, Uncle Paddy discovered my first gray hair, he pulled it right out of my head and gave it to me. Thanks! I also know that our nephew showed us a copy of a home movie of a Halloween party that was at our apartment, we were in the video, and I have NO recollection of it. None at all. It kinda freaked me out a little. It was filmed exactly 20 years ago and I was in early pregnancy( it must be the children's fault) at the time. It looked like a great party. But I couldn't tell you for sure because I don't remember it!
As always time marches onward as it should and today is a day I do remember very well. It was a very good day. It will be marked with Carrot Cake, a tradition I started on his first birthday and one he requested (when asked) for this birthday. Of my 3 children he is the one whose favorite cake is not dirt cake, or vanilla cake but my personal favorite carrot cake. Our special family recipe. I must get to work...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so young and innocent......... not the baby but YOU BOTH.. What happened???? Just like the rest of us old people..... kids...hubby...

Anonymous said...

Who is Corwin holding?

mary jane said...

how cute are you two babies holding the baby! So nice seeing you yesterday, thanks for lunch!

ADW said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture!! great post and happy birthday Corwin!

Lisa Zahn said...

You guys look so cute! And young! Oh, to be young again...I think we all lose portions of our brain to sleep deprivation when the kids come. Or maybe there's some evolutionary reason for it, maybe it's just parenting that does it. I don't know, but you're not alone.