Friday, October 3, 2008

My Knitting Bag & I go to Knittting Group



I went back to my knitting group last night and it was so familiar and comfortable despite the fact that I have not been since June (gasp). I truly love all those ladies and it was great to see them and most of all laugh with them. Politics of course came up (it was the night of the vice presidential debate after all) and fortunately we were all of like mind!!! A couple of minutes after I got there I received a phone call from my sister telling me that my Mom was headed for the emergency room because of a bacterial blood infection. Can you say stress and worry? Among the knitting group ladies there is a former nurse and an almost nurse who both talked to me. I was in the right place because I was able to relax and put aside my worries until a had some more information. When I went home and googled it I was not so reassured. I am now waiting for it to be late enough to call Colorado. Whew.



So any way I am working on a Uncle Paddy's Hat Try #2. In my bag you can see Try #1 which ended up my hat for well shall we say personal reasons, which you can read about here http://auntkirstie.blogspot.com/2008/04/whos-hat-is-that.html .



The knitting is great and the group is as well. My bag and I will go back happily many times this fall.

I will need some support and encouragement as I attempt to get back to this project.





I started it 2.5 years ago and I finished the first and biggest piece. I continued on until I made a mistake and got frustrated and set it aside. I am now finally feeling the urge to work on it again. I love the idea but I also know that is much more of a commitment that knitting a hat. I think I can handle it.

No comments: