Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Contrast

This is a beauty I have been watching all week. I can see it from my store. The COLORS blow my mind at this time of year. It is so very different from what I was looking at a short week ago...

Last week I was here, in the Redwood forest outside of Santa Cruz, it is hard to tell from the photo how big that tree in the middle actually is. It was huge. This forest was so cool, it felt good to be walking in it. In fact it felt so good my 1 year old nephew who recently learned to walk took off! He walked for about a half a mile, it was amazing he loved it! Here we are back in Maine. Do you see the hard frost in the field thru my trees? It was 26 degrees at 8 AM yesterday morning. It felt COLD.
I had to remind myself that this is the time of year to get outside and enjoy the weather. Embrace it. That is how I get thru the long, dark, cold winter.

My instinct is to curl up under a blanket and read, knit , or watch TV and comment about how cold it is. It can be hard to go against my instinct.

1 comment:

mary jane said...

Have you read the book "The Big Trees"? I'll lend it to you, you'll love it!