Friday, October 17, 2008

Fox

I thought I would start with The Planet of the Apes. I mean how cool is that?

So today I am back tracking a bit. The cruise I went on last week was actually a convention for independent video store owners (yes, there are still many of us out there!). Despite everybody saying I have been on vacation, I was actually working much of the time. Not that I didn't have fun-I did. I would not have been on this trip if it weren't for work. Ahem.

Friday, after getting off the ship we were invited to take a tour of Fox Studios. They do not give public tours and it is not a theme park. It is a working lot. There was a lot to see. These two photos are from the wardrobe department and just a small drop in the bucket of what was there.
This block of buildings is in many TV shows and movies, it looks just like New York until you look down and see the palm trees at the end. The diner on the right is from the show Bones.


As is this smashed car. When we first arrived they were hauling this thing out of one of the sets. Which was one of the places I wanted to see most but we were not allowed into any of those and we not even allowed to take pictures from the street. There was actually a lot of stuff we weren't allowed to photogragh.

Still cool though.

There is a Simpsons mural on the building in the front. The tallest building in the back is were they filmed the first Die Hard movie. Currently, it houses any Fox offices.

The coolest thing we got to see was a sound cutting studio where they were working on adding music to the upcoming remake of The Day theEarth Stood Still. We had to quietly file through with no photos, no talking, no pictures. There were all these big screens and the music playing and I would have loved to stay and watch for much longer. The building it was in had previously been the Bat Cave for the Batman & Robin TV series back in the day.

Oh, and we saw Seth Green.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Did Pat get a new vest?

Kristin said...

No, unfortunately he didn't.
He wanted totake one of the hats!

Eileen said...

I was joking that he was the Wookie in the picture.

Kristin said...

What wookie?

Eileen said...

Wookie - Ape what's the difference? It was supposed to be funny, but when a joke has to be debated and explained I guess it isn't funny at all...oh well.