Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Potholder Redeemed



This potholder has sat in one of my knitting bags, patiently waiting almost 3 years for me to weave the ends of the loop together. I don't know why I couldn't do it. I have looked at it more times than I can count and tried to figure a way to attach the ends of the I-cord together at the loop. I looked again last night and thought well I'll just weave it like the toe of a sock! Why that took near to 3 years I do not know. It took me all of 15 minutes to finish and weave in the ends. Potholder joy! I made this using various cottons and Vivian Hoxbro's book, Domino Knitting. Of course I changed a few things and made mine double so there is a different pattern on each side and it is very thick. After I was done I immediately started on another one and began dreaming of the blanket I would make using this technique and Maine wool. That would be another "big" project though and I really want to make things that I can finish in a reasonable amount of time and I am going to try and stick with that for now. However, I can dream ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember you starting that. It's very pretty, my favorite colors. It's so nice to finish, isn't it? Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow at knitting nite!